Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Yedem s.r.o. (whose registered office is at Měřičkova 35, Brno 621 00 , Czech Republic) (“Yedem”,”Yedem Garage”, ”Yedem Carpool”, “we”, “our” or “us”), acting as data controller, is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice (the “Privacy Notice”) is designed to tell you about our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information that you may provide via this website or our mobile applications (the “Platforms“).
This Privacy Notice (together with our Terms and Conditions, any other documents referred to in it and our Cookie Notice) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. What information do we collect from you and for how long?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
2.1. Information you give us
You may give us information, including information that can identify you (“Personal Data“), when you use our Platforms, by filling in forms on the Platforms (such as the sign-up form), when you enter into any of our competitions, promotions or surveys, when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, and when you report a problem with our Platforms.
The information you give us may include:
- 2.1.1. Mandatory information required to register for the service we provide on our Platforms or to access other services provided by us, including your name, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, mobile phone number and a password. All these fields are mandatory. Parkfair will not be able to provide you with the services offered on our Platforms if the required information is not provided, consequently you will not be able to register for a user account on our Platforms;
- 2.1.2. A postal address;
- 2.1.3. A photograph;
- 2.1.4. Your mini-biography;
- 2.1.5. Details on your cars;
- 2.1.6. A record of any bookings you have made or trip related advertisements you have placed with or through our Platforms;
- 2.1.7. A record of any correspondence between you and us;
- 2.1.8. Your replies to any surveys or questionnaires, such as your reviews on the trips you have shared with other members of our community. Such information may be used for analytic & user understanding purposes;
- 2.1.9. Details of your visits to our Platforms and the resources that you access;
- 2.1.10. Information we may require from you when you report a problem with our Platforms or our service, such as the subject of your request for support;
- 2.1.11. Location information when you have given consent to the collection and processing of these data; and
- 2.1.12. Passport, Driving Licence, ID Card and such other documents that you have agreed to provide to us.
2.2. Information we collect automatically
2.2.1. With regard to each of your visits to our Platforms we may collect, in accordance with applicable laws and where required with your consent, information relating to the devices you use and the networks you are connected to when using our services. This may include the following information: your IP address, log-in information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, advertising identifier, information about your visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from our Platforms, products you viewed or searched for, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction and any phone number used to call our customer service number. We collect this information through the use of various technologies including cookies (for further information please refer to our Cookie Notice).
2.2.2. We also collect aggregated information regarding your activity on our Platform (such as the amount of rides offered, your message response rate, etc.). Such information may be published on your public profile on our Platform.
2.3. Data retention
2.3.1. Except regarding the categories of Personal Data mentioned in clauses 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 below, your Personal Data will be stored for the duration of your relationship with us and then put beyond use:
- 5 years after your last use of our Platform, if you did not close your account;
- 1 year after the closing of your account, except if you received a negative rating or report, in which case your Personal Data is stored for either (i) a 2-year period following the latest negative rating or report, or (ii) 1 year after the closing of your account, whichever is longer.
2.3.2. The following categories of Personal Data may be stored for different durations:
- Financial data (e.g. payments, reimbursements, etc.) is stored for the duration required by applicable tax and accounting laws;
- All user-generated content (e.g. comments and ratings) is anonymised but remains available on our Platforms.
2.3.3. In the event that your account is suspended or blocked, we will keep your data for a period of between 2 and 8 years in order to prevent you from circumventing the rules applying to our Platforms.
3. How do we use the information we collect from you?
We will use the information we collect:
3.1. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you requested from us;
3.2 to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between your company (employer) and us and to provide the company with the information and services that the company requested from us according to our General Terms & Conditions (Všeobecné obchodní podmínky);
3.3. to send you service-related information by email and/or text message and/or any other communication means (e.g. your booking confirmation);
3.4. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
3.5. to enable you to personalise your user profile on our Platforms;
3.6. to enable you to communicate and interact with other members about our services or about the trips(s) you have/will share with other members and/or to organise such trips;
3.7. to give you access to our support services and to enable you to communicate with our member relations team;
3.8. to ensure compliance with (i) applicable laws, (ii) our Terms and Conditions, and (iii) our Privacy Notice. Certain breaches that we regard as inappropriate may lead to the suspension of your account;
3.9. to send you, in accordance with applicable laws and where required, with your consent, marketing materials and information necessary to facilitate the service or the booking process and to make you suggestions and recommendations about goods or services related to our services that may interest you. We also use your data to target you in order to serve our ads on social media platforms. You can learn more about how these features work, and the data that we obtain about you, by visiting the relevant sections of the third-party social media platforms; and
3.10. to notify you about changes to our services;
3.11. to verify the information contained in your Passport, Driving Licence, ID Card and other identity documents that may be collected from you at the time of registration or at any other time during your use of our Platforms;
3.12. to administer our Platforms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, analytic and survey purposes;
3.13. to improve our Platforms to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
3.14. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
3.15. as part of our efforts to keep our Platforms safe and secure; and
4. Who are the recipients of the Information we collect from you and for which purposes?
4.1. We may receive and send information about you, including your Personal Data, if you use any of the platforms we operate or from other Parkfair entities and affiliates, for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice.
4.2. We only share your Personal Data with any of these third parties in the following cases:
- 4.2.1. Where it is necessary to involve a third-party service provider, for the performance of any contract we enter into with you in order to facilitate or extend our services (e.g if we need to give your licence plate to security officer who will allow you to use a dedicated parking spot);
- 4.2.2. As part of the booking process and in order to provide the requested services, information such as your name, photography, mobile phone number and/or email address, may be displayed on the Platforms and/or passed on to a passenger (if you are a driver) or a driver (if you are a passenger);
- 4.2.3. If Parkfair or all or part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its members will be one of the transferred assets.
4.4. In accordance with applicable laws and where required with your consent, we may combine information about you, including your Personal Data and cookie information, we send to and receive from our business partners. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
4.5. We draw your attention on the fact that if you decide to share your information, including Personal Data, with us through our business partners’ connecting services, any of our business partners’ privacy policies and/or notices may also be applicable to you, in addition to this Privacy Notice. We do not control the collection and/or the processing of your information eventually made by our business partners on their own platforms.
5. Is your Information being transferred? How and where?
In principle, we store the Personal Data that we hold about you in the European Union (“EU“). However, since for example some of our service providers are based in countries outside of the European Union (“third countries”), we also transfer some of your data to third countries. This may include third countries where the European Commission has not taken the decision that such third country ensures an adequate level of protection (for example the United States). In that case, we ensure that the transfer is performed in accordance with the applicable legislation and that appropriate safeguards have been put in place (especially standard contractual clauses as issued by the European Commission) in order to guarantee a sufficient level of protection of individuals’ private life and fundamental rights.
By sending a request to the Group Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org), we can provide you with the details regarding such appropriate safeguards (for example, the standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission).
6. What are your rights in respect of your personal data?
6.1. You are entitled to receive a copy of your personal data that is in our possession (your right of data access).
6.2 You may request the deletion of personal data or the correction of inaccurate personal data (your right to erasure and rectification). Please note that we may keep certain information concerning you, as required by law, or when we have a legal basis to do so (e.g., our legitimate interest to keep the platform safe and secure for other users).
6.3 You have the right to object at any time (i) to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, or (ii) to the processing of your personal data for other purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation (your right to object to processing). Please note that in the latter case, this right only applies if the processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interest.
6.4 You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data (your right to restriction of processing). Please note that this only applies if (i) you contested the accuracy of your personal data and we are verifying the accuracy of the personal data, (ii) you exercised your right to object and we are still considering, as foreseen by the applicable law, whether our legitimate grounds to process your personal data in that case override your interests, rights and freedoms; or (iii) your personal data has been processed by us in an unlawful way but you either oppose the erasure of the personal data or want us to keep your personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
6.5 You have the right to receive and/or have us transfer to another data controller a subset of personal data, that concern you and that you provided us with, and which we process for the performance of our contract or because you previously consented to it, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (your right to data portability).
6.6 To exercise your rights, please contact the Group Data Protection Officer (see under Artticle 13).
6.7. You also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant data protection supervisory authority or to seek a remedy through the courts if you believe that your rights have been breached.
7. Cookies & similar technologies
To find out more, please see our Cookie Notice.
8. Confidentiality of your password
Where you have chosen a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our Platforms, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
9. Links to other websites and social media
Our Platforms may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy practices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
10. Changes to our Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page. Where appropriate, we will notify you or seek your consent. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
11. Contact & Data Protection Officer
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your Personal Data, please use one of the following means:
- via email to our Data Protection Officer under email@example.com; or
- by letter to:
Yedem s.r.o. Data Protection Officer Měřičkova 35 621 00 Brno (Czech Republic)
Version dated 19 January 2022 Terms and Conditions © 2022 Yedem